Monday, June 12, 2006

Momma, I'm comin home

Yesterday we started off with a bath for Red. He wasn't quite living up to his "zaggin' wagon" standards of cleanliness(zaggin' wagon phrase coined by Steve). We went through an automatic washer where the standard wash costs $4. I have to admit, I threw in the extra dollar for the Superwash. Anyway with a clean van we headed south to Spartanburg, S.S. We stopped in a few parking lots but were having trouble finding Cheerwine drinkers so we packed up ready to stop at random places along the road home to Chapel Hill. Here we are searching.


After passing countless peach stands and fireworks stores we finally stopped at a rest area near Concord to give some Cheerwine to some travelers.



We then made a stop in Salisbury to maybe find some more people to sample and to stop by my house and see my family. My brother is graduating high school on Wednesday so Red may be in the area around that time this week. There was a blood drive going on at a church near my house so we stopped in and donated some Cheerwine for the donors. Their bodies just lost some red liquid so we gave them some to put back inside.


We needed some gas so we made another stop at one of my favorite landmarks on I-85, Bill's Truck Stop. Here's a picture of me and Bill.


I think Bill might have given us a bit of luck, because a perfect pump awaited us when we returned from taking that last picture. We had left the gas pump running and it stopped automatically on $50. Take that Jerry Seinfeld!


A woman at Bill's recognized us from an article in the Salisbury Post, very cool.

Like I said before, I have to go home to see my bro graduate. So look for us around that area later this week. Go USA men's soccer! See ya.

-Sam

4 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well finally getting to my neck of the woods---well close enough that I will be lookin' for y'all----i just want to see if you really have all that cool cheerwine that i keep hearing you talk about-----or is there a 12 pack in a mini-cooler---what's the real zaggin' wagon look like----i can tell it's "RED" but it looks like they are signs on it too--hm-m-m-m-m-m

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So i saw you today at ur bro's (as well as my bro's) graduation and i thought...wow it's the cheerwine guy no wait that's sam...no the cheerwine guy...no sam...then i realized you are one in the same. so now that i've cleared that up i just want to say that Bill is my favorite thing on I-85 as well, he always makes me think...i'm almost home...so i like bill. ya'll look like ur doin some good work out there...keep it up!!

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you going to be this weekend...I need some cheerwine

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheerwine on the Road!!! I am glad to see it, as a Cheerwine lover BEFORE YOU GUYS WERE EVEN BORN!!! I saw you at graduation too, as my track-running step-daughter is WRHS 2006. Don't forget the downtown of your hometown. Legal Assistants love cheerwine too!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home